Houston is a port city, one of the most outstanding of the nation, and as such, much of its community is related to activities in the sea, channels and rivers of navigation and to be transported in marine vehicles or to work in the oil and extraction platforms either on the coast or on the open sea.
Often for these people, because of the condition of their activities, they are exposed in situations where their physical security and even their life are at risk. Whether your activity in the sea is as a daily work routine or as an entertainment activity; if you suffer an accident or injury under these conditions, there are laws that protect it, included in these laws is the Jones Act. Call the attorneys of Salazar and Velazquez for a free consultation to protect your rights even on the high seas 713-840-7777
Do you know if you are protected by the Jones Act?
If you are a regular worker on any of the drilling rigs, ships, or any other maritime activity, you may be protected under the Jones Act amendment. This law guarantees important rights that will help you to recover damages caused by accidents and injuries on the high seas.
Do you know what to do in case of an accident?
These are the main recommendations you should take in case you are involved in an accident.
- Call the police or 911 if there are injured
- Do not talk to the insurance or sign anything!
- Make sure you have the accident report
- Call Salazar & Velazquez 713-840-7777
After an accident, you have the right to be compensated for the injuries, pain and damage suffered during this accident, this includes loss of work and other causes that can affect your daily life because of this accident.
You need immediate legal representation to guarantee your rights and fight against insurance companies so that you get the fair compensation you deserve and not just some money for the damages of your vehicle as many insurance companies try to do.
After an accident, you are entitled to receive compensation for:
- Specialized Medical Care
- Costs of hospitalization and surgeries
- Rehabilitation therapies
- Repair of property damage
- Payment of lost wages
- Compensation for pain and suffering
- Comprehension for life in case of disability or permanent injury
In Salazar and Velazquez:
- We serve you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- If you cannot come, the lawyers go to you.
- You speak directly to them and not to legal assistants.
- The consultation is totally free
- If you do not win, you will not pay anything
- Your information is totally confidential
If you have been injured in an accident, call attorneys Salazar and Velazquez today at 713-840-7777 for the attorneys who will defend you for maximum compensation.